and then moved on to this...
I had a mishap in between as well which was a great learning experience. I was only using an offcut of the first stamp I did so it wasn't very big but anyway somehow it cracked right through the middle. Thankfully it hadn't taken me long to do as it was quite small...it was then that my son told me that I should have warmed the lino up first...ah well its good that we have kids to educate us...doh!
Another challenge was getting the design onto the lino and after much googling (never saw your updated post at that time Michelle!) I used gel medium to transfer a photocopy. It was a little trial and error but hey I got there in the end! I am really pleased with the results although it was hard to ink up the bigger one and get a decent image...might try acrylic paint next time.
I have it in my mind to do a dice next so watch this blog for updates. I am sure this isn't the last time I will do this. I must see if I can get a uk supplier of that blender pen and the eraser block first though!