Friday 30 May 2008

Paper Casts


Really loved doing the challenge this month, so much so that I have a few more 'drying' as we speak. I was rather slap dash with my method in that I just laid tissue paper over the mould and added water with a paint brush, dabbing it in around the mould. I then just pushed and squeezed the paper to get as much water out as possible before leaving them to dry in my airing cupboard which took a good 48 hours but loook at the results!




I am really pleased with the little heart shape and the aztec (y) type sun. They look fab irl and I will definately be doing some more. I am surprised at how firm the end result is and all this made from paper! So my next task is to paint them and use them!!

4 comments:

michelle ward said...

Julie - glad you had a chance to try this and that you enjoyed it with great results. All of these images would be great to stamp into polymer clay to make a mold so you'll get a positive impression of the design. Thanks for sharing with the team!!

Cindy said...

Your casts came out so well! I'm going to have to try your method of just laying the tissue on top and wetting it down. That will solve my blender/strainer issue! Thanks for sharing your work.

Ursula Clamer said...

These are great Julie, and i love how you used a vase....very creative!

moi said...

great casts. they seem quite substanial. thanks for the tip of squeezing out the water after laying the tissue down. i would love to see how you use them.